Nanita (my peruvian grandmother) turns 80.

August 10th, 2009 pmmcgo11

Nanita, at her 80th Birthday Party, Dancing with One of Her Close FriendsThe time is flying by here. I cannot believe I start classes on Monday. This is my last week to learn and review Spanish…but I am confident the past few weeks in the classroom will pay off. 

I am excited as much as I am nervous to begin classes. La Católica, the university I am attending, has many courses in Political Science and Religious Studies (my majors) many of which pertain directly to Peru. It will be great to take courses in my majors that also pertain to the country I am living in!

This past weekend was also my Peruvian grandmother’s birthday. She turned 80 years old, but was still dancing and had all of her friends as well as my family and me over for lunch and dinner—as you can see by the picture! Coming up, I am looking forward to our last few outings as a group as part of the Holy Cross orientation program. The orientation program has been a great help in the transition and now I am ready to start classes. Still this week we have a museum and what is suppose to be a fantastic show this Friday night—I will be sure to write after.

Ciao, Peter

Nanita, at her 80th Birthday Party, Dancing with One of Her Close Friends