Kim’s Visit (June 3-13)

June 13th, 2010 pmmcgo11

Last week one of my good friends from middle school, Kim, came down to visit me. We spent the weekend in Arequipa, one of my favorite cities…and definitely one of the prettiest in Peru, and then we spend the week traveling in Lima to all the best sites and she came to a couple of my classes with me to see what my university was like.

In Arequipa we literally did everything there is to see, including the Canon Colca, which I hiked with the Holy Cross girls a couple months ago. This time around we didn’t have the time to do a full hike, but we did go for one full day (literally a full day, 2am to 7pm), to the Canon. It’s a long day, but it’s totally worth it. We saw at least 15 condors, which is rare. They are impressive in size and fly gracefully of the canon. It’s an incredible site. We also did the famous sites like The Founder’s House and Santa Catalina’s Convent. I also introduced my friend to some Peruvian dishes—anticuchos, chupe de camaroncitos, lomo saltado and aji de gallina (and by the time she left the following week I made sure she had tried every major dish).

Then, arrive to Lima Monday morning, July 7, we rushed to my house, showered, and went straight to my first class. Then during the week we saw lo mejor de Lima—Downtown, Miraflores, Barranco, and we were able to fit in a couple nice dinners, like at La Rosa Naútica, which is on a dock in the water and has an amazing view.

It was great to see her….THANKS FOR COMING KIM! I’m looking forward to seeing all my friends when I go home (although it will be incredibly sad to leave, but I’ll get into that in a later blog post).

Here I am including a picture of us having dinner with one of my friends, Rey, in Larcomar and another of Kim and I after lunch at La Rosa Naútica in La Costa Verde.

Chau,
Pedro