First Semester, DONE…and my trip to Arequipa

December 18th, 2009 pmmcgo11

PC070256Last week I went to Arequipa where I did a 3-day/2-night trek in the Colca Canyon. It was absolutely beautiful and although at the time it did not seem like it, the trek was worth the 20-hour bus ride (each way)! Here are a few of the pictures I took while we were in the Canon. One night we stayed in a small village in the Canon and the other night in a small city overlooking the canon. Once again, the sites of Peru have amazed me!

The past few days I have been busy doing a little Christmas shopping and now in the next few days I will be busy spending time with the rest of the Holy Cross group, or simply “las chicas” who all leave next week! It’s been an awesome PC070276group, and there will be some emotional nights in the next few days. I know we already have a final dinner planned which will be nice to have some time together the last night with our closest friends (and in the case of a couple of the girls their boyfriends).

Next week I will be leaving Lima to go south to spend Christmas and New Years at a friend’s house. We will be in Chincha, a smaller city in the south of Peru. I IMG_0044have already been a few times, so I am familiar with the city. I am very excited to spend a Christmas with my friend. Although I will obviously miss my family and Christmas at home I am sure it will be an incredible experience to spend it with another family. I will definitely be writing a lot about my Christmas and New Years so look out for a new post in the next couple weeks.

And maybe it is different up there…in Boston…with the snow! But here, is definitely does not feel like Christmas. I cannot believe it is next week! Plus, it doesn’t help that I associate snow with Christmas, and here it is sunny, hot, and muggy. Here I also included a picture of my Christmas tree, here at my house.
Ciao,
Peter